Always plug major appliances, like refrigerators, stoves, washers, and dryers, directly into a wall outlet.
Plug temperature-regulating products directly into wall outlets, this includes:
- Clothes dryers.
- Clothes irons.
- Coffee makers.
- Curling irons.
- Microwave ovens.
- Pressure cookers.
- Rice cookers.
- Toaster ovens.
If you are unsure about a particular appliance or item that may be on a recall list, contact the consumer hotline at 800-638-2772 or visit www.cpsc.gov.
Washer & Dryer
- Always remove lint from the trap before use.
- Regularly check the dryer exhaust vent hose(s) behind the dryer. Bends and lint buildup can block airflow.
- Promptly vacuum debris, especially fluffy debris, as this material is highly flammable and a small spark can set it on fire.
- Never place rubber, plastic, foam, or any other material that made contact with flammable liquids in the dryer, even if it has been washed.
- Never leave a dryer running while sleeping or if you are away from home.